Possibly. But weather's never stopped us before so why should it this weekend? If you fancy pulling on your wellies, donning your anorak, and joining us and Anna Maria Murphy on a very soggy Kneehigh Ramble this weekend, read on...
As part of the Rambles programme, Anna Maria Murphy is once again donning her sturdy boots and walking the Roads Less Travelled of Cornwall, this time for three days in the Redruth and Camborne area.
Along the way she will meet people and find stories from the area, often in surprising places, and we’d love you to join in. You can join at any point, and as the walks aren’t circular, we’ve made (most) of the start and end points accessible by bus (First route 14 and 18). Alternatively if there are two drivers, you could leave one car where you want to leave the walk, and take a second car to where you want to start.
Wear sturdy waterproof boots and coats, some paths may have large pools of water. This is an adventure to find stories, not a guided walk… Getting lost maybe part of it! Bring a packed lunch and chocolate.
Below is the walk plan. If you would like to join us, please RSVP by email or call 01872 267910 as soon as possible telling us which day you’d like to come and where you’ll be meeting us. You must include a mobile number so we can let you know any changes due to the weather. We can’t say what times we’ll be in places along the routes so it would be better to meet at the start if possible.
Meeting points and the route (as the crow flies) are all on this map.
· Start at 10 am in Scorrier in the Fox and Hounds carpark.
· Pick up the coastal tramway headed to Portreath
· Onto Illogan through woods and onto Mary Well.
· Through South Tehidy
· Ending in Tolvaddon at approx. 4pm. NB there are plenty of buses back to the start of the walk from Tolvaddon to Scorrier: number 14 or 18
· Start at 10am at King Edward Mine at Bolenowe (This is a 30 minute walk from Camborne Train Station)
· Walk to Piece, stop at Countryman for lunch.
· Piece to Carn Brea to end in Redruth at approx. 4pm.
· 10 am start at Channel View Farm TR15 2DJ NB: Buses 14 & 18 stop here, as they do on most of the three day walks. The bus stops at the entrance to the lane to Channel View Farm
· Channel View Farm to Gwennap Pit via Grambla Farm
· Walk to base of Carn Marth
· Through Carharrack woods through Sparry Lane.
· Sparry Lane to Malcolm Drew’s barn for lunch (Pasties from Chacewater Bakery, please let us know in advance if you’d like us to order one for you – to be paid for on the day)
· Onto Mars (Wheal Busy)
· Through Poldice Valley, possibly stopping for coffee at Jeffrey Jacks
· Onto Todpool then Unity Woods
· Ending in Chacewater village hall for cream tea, approximately 5pm NB: There are buses back to Redruth or Channel View farm from Chacewater, number 14 or 18